Friday, March 6, 2009

Julz Arrives in Switzerland!

Wednesday 4th March 2009


Before I start writing anything, I’d just like to mention a special shout out to the one and only Matt Dolan who’s awesome and definitely exists and therefore should be mentioned more in this blog.

So going back to last Wednesday when I went to Julie’s to go see the beautiful Juliette on her first day in merry Switzerland! (This may get confusing for everyone so I will refer Aussie Juliette as Julz and her swiss buddy Julie) It was so great to finally see a familiar Aussie face but damn Julz and her French ways, she proceeded to talk in French the rest of the night. As her boyfriend puts it, it’s for my own good haha. Julie’s family is really nice and they cooked me a delicious Asian meal... awww Asian food, how I’ve missed thee! We spent a good majority of the night at the dinner table talking away in rapid French

Because I went and saw Julie Wednesday night, I didn't end up going on Carnival pub night where everybody dressed up in kinky costumes, but I got to hear some great stories the next day over our Kebab lunch after my English Translation class. I've also discovered that Jonas has the perfect turtle neck sweater ninja style that would have my costume 100% ninja.

Came home in the afternoon and made enough spaghetti sauce to last me a good week, of course being the fat boy I am I finished about half of it in one serving. It was the Med Ball (which is not actually a ball...just a night out clubbing but organised by the Med Students) that night and I’d planned to meet Julz and Julie at 9 outside the club MAD to get tickets. We were in line for about half an hour and just as we got up to the front of the line, the guy tells us that the tickets had just sold out. And I mean the front of the line! The next batch of tickets got released at 11.30 and I was going to take the last train home at 12.30 so I didn’t think it was really worth 20 bucks for about half an hour. We ended up going to a bar and getting a drink till 11 then the girls went back to the club and I hopped on a train home.

Spent Friday with Julie showing her Lausanne. That’s a bit of an overstatement since I don’t know this city particularly well having only been here for 3 weeks. We went to the Supreme Court of Switzerland (why it’s in Lausanne, I don’t know) which overlooked this park that overlooked the lake and the mountain ranges. It was an amazing view and there were a lot of couples around, just enjoying the sun and possible cunoodling. Me and Julie got out the camera and ended up taking a lot of photos. We also asked a few people to take photos for us; embracing the true heritage of the Asian tourist. After the Court, we went up the town (literally, it’s a steep mofo) and went to the giant cathedral which isn't half as impressive as the one we saw in Basel (wait for the next blog) followed by the Lausanne castle (which is more like a building in my opinion). This little tour around the city was also interrupted by Julie peeing in a boy’s toilette in what can only be described as the hole on the toilet floor. The memories!

Around 7, we headed over to my friends house for dinner and all the kids (Allison, Matt, Krista, Kimberly) were there. We had yummy yummy tacos, followed by interesting talks of interesting topics. At some stage of the night, Julz fell asleep – I think jet lag finally settled in.

Saturday –

Julie’s parents picked me up around 11.20 then we went and picked up Julz and Julie from sitar practice... (That’s right, Julie plays the sitar!). We drove out of Lausanne to the far north; to the region known as Gruyere which is renowned for its cheeeeese. (It's really yummy cheese, I'm a bit of a psycho cheese eater now...cheese and bread! I finally understand!) We hiked up the damn mountain and spent the day in the region seeing the sites and taking photos, don’t really know how to describe the place to you other than that it was amazing. I’ll put photos up; they say a picture is worth a thousand words. So go on facebook people and I'll caption its ass so I won't go into detail here.
We spent the whole day out and got back to Julie’s place around dinner time. I’d told Julie’s mum how much I love Vietnamese food especially PHO which I had basically eaten once a week back home and she was so nice she made it for me on Saturday night! Awww delicious beef noodle soup! After dinner, me and Julz rushed off to the train station to meet Allison and the 3 of us took a train to Basel for the beginning of CARNVAL BASEL STYLE: FASNACT.

I'll write the other blog now lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment