Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Master Chef

Wednesday 25th Feb

It's bright and sunny outside and I'm waiting for my laundry to finish! No one better try stealing my 3 CHF this time. Julie's arrived in Lausanne today! Yay... I'm going to see her this arvo at other Julie's place :) Probably going to be miss Carnival Student Pub night though. I was originally going to go as a ninja, I guess the world will never witness such fantasticness.

Just a quick update on the past 2 days. Monday, didn't have class so it was all relaxation. I was suppose to go join the gym but procrastinated a little too long and then had to meet up with Allison so didn't up doing it... (so that's week number 2 - still haven't managed to hurl my ass to this gym) Went over to Allison's for lunch then we went hunting for Asian grocery stores. We knew that there was at least two down town but we didn't find either. We did however find lots of Indian stores in what we liked to refer to as the dodgy part of Lausanne where all the ethnics seem to hang out. we ended up going to Migros instead and bought ourselves a supply of food which I have to say has run out for me. I saw some pork chops on discount and it was imperative that I purchased the meat because it was cheap meat!! On principle alone, if you ever find cheap meat in Switzerland, you buy it! So decided to have Allison over for dinner where we proceeded to make the most delicious meal of all time! The pork chop was tenderly marinated in Swiss provincial herbs, garlic, onions and soy sauce - the aroma it gave off whilst being cooked can only be described as a scent of deliciousness. I then made Ratatouille which Jonas had taught me the night before. I slowly roasted potatoes and carrots in spices, chilli powder, onions and garlic on a low fire followed by assorted green vegetables and tomatoes to make a sauce. The end result of the dinner was....exquisite! (Excuse my descriptive language - the food was just that good!)

Oh yeah, it was also the day I came out to Allison and boy was she happy. As she described it, it was like Christmas had come early. I was fufilling the American dream for every girl of having a gay best friend.... somewhat like all you hoboes back in Australia. :)

Tuesday - I dragged myself out of bed at 7.30 and I still ended up rocking to class late -_- stupid 8.30 class. After class, I dragged Allison to the reception desk of the exchange office and paid for the upcoming ski trip!!!! :) It's a weekend away at a ski resort for $100, everything paid for except 2 lunches and ski equipment. The ski equipment is $50 bucks for the weekend and I can't imagin spending more than $50 for 2 lunches so that's about less than 200 bucks for an entire weekend away at a ski resort...muahahaha the excitement!! Sucking thing there was only 47 places and some of our other American/Aussie friends didn't make it on time :( and Allison said we should wait a couple of days before signing up! We're trying to organise a way for the other kids to come, it'd just be a bit more expensive for them.

Krista's also decided to plan a trip to Ireland for St Patrick's Day in 3 weeks which would be fantastic, but this would be a bit more pricey. It'd cost at least 500 CHF for the weekend and it'd be the weekend before the ski trip and the weekend after me and Julie go to Lucern. I was thinking maybe I'm going a little crazy in my spending and also just because if I'm going to pay morning to head over to Ireland, I'd want to say for a little while and do England at the same time which I plan on doing in the Summer.. so don't know if I should do this weekend. BUT! It's St Patrick's Day and it'd be a great weekend...the kids are booking flights this arvo while I'm at Julie's so we'll play it by ear and see how it goes.

We all did a Tandem program last night which is basically everyone in a speed dating context and you write what language you speak and what language you want to practice on a giant piece of paper and stick it on your chest then you walk around and try to find the corresponding person....It seriously became a speeding dating thing. There was this 60 yr old seedy man who kept talking to Kimberly and Allison and both of them were like...oh we've already got partners but he kept staring at their chest! Then a bunch of the guys whp were doing it were completely socially inept and may have never spoken to a stranger before. We all bagged ourselves a Tandem but Allison's is a sleazy guy who want to meet her for drinks tonight at 7 at a pub and we've all told her she can't go... in case of rape or further seedy contact. Only coffee.. in broad day light at uni.

After Tandem, everyone came back to mine for dinner so played host again. This time made crazy vegetables and frozen lasagne which was...still very delicious. Though have never cooked for 5 so was actually a bit short on food.

Today's laundry day! (I have no more clean underwear haha) Get to see Julz soon :)

1 comment:

  1. I noticed photos on facebook with you and Julz fantastic! So amazing that you guys met in our humble little UQ french class now your all the way over in switzerland being adults and amazing. Junny you're so amazing im so proud of you. Cant wait to come visit u and burst your little bubble haha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete