Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vodka = $10

Saturday 21 Feb

I evidently hate writing blogs... or diary entries J I keep find ways of putting it off so Bindi may be right, I may give up after a couple of weeks but for now I’ll persevere on since I just got off Skype with Jess and she was insistent I write something. It’s Saturday arvo so I’m going to skip back to Wednesday.

Got up bright and early for class but still ended up rocking up late. I had some really cool classes that morning. The best was, of course, the theatre improv class. It’s so weird doing drama in French especially since I’ve been doing it in English for the past 10 years. Thinking on your feet and thinking in French and responding to people talking to you in French is not easy, but theatre will always be fun. It’s probably the only class where I’ll actually practice some French since speaking is mandatory. After class, met up with Tobias, my Swiss Parrain for lunch but took him home because I’m pov and cooked what I would call a delicious lunch. Like I was saying to Jess just then, I’ve actually been able to concuss some interesting things which are both appetising and nutritious. And to those of you who thought I’d eat instant noodles for the next year! ... Well I would have if one packet here didn’t cost 2 Francs!
After Lunch, I went back for one more class which was blissfully filled with Anglophones so after class we gathered outside the classroom and pointed to the many differences between what Aussies say and what Yanks say. Stuck around for about an hour then went home to my wonderful book, Harry Potter which I’m proud to say I spent all of yesterday reading and have finally finished! Yay Harry! Wednesday night, went to Allison’s for dinner and made only the most delicious spaghetti ever made by non-Italians which was meant to last her for the rest of the week but which we ended up finishing... felt a bit fat afterwards. We down half a bottle of vodka and went to the party across the hall where we met up with some English speaking friends. So we have: Kimberly and Matt from Sydney, and then we had Krista from the same university as Allison in Michigan. Kimberly and Matt had more vodka on them and here is where my memory of the night becomes somewhat fuzzy. I vaguely remember drinking apple juice and vodka mixed by Matt which me and Allison later suspected was really just vodka with a dash of juice. Then somehow I ended up with a bottle of vodka in my hand and I was on a rampage of French to some random French guys... I think one of their names was Viktor. But isn’t it great that my French improves in a state of drunkenness. Around midnight, everybody started to head out to the foreign student pub night which you’ll all remember from last week as the time I almost froze to death walking home. We all decided to stop over at Kimberly’s for another drink but somehow we ended up on her couch discussing important social issues like abortion and American politics. I stood proud as a would be Democrat against Krista who was Republican... (who would be Republican! Honestly!)

Somehow we did manage to find our way into the town centre and the club at around 1.30. Me and Krista continued our discussion on American politics. We bumped into Magnus at the door and he was leaving with his new German friends. (Me and Allison feel somewhat ditched and have decided we need to stalk him so we don’t lose him as a friend). We danced the night away and there are pictures on face book... ugly ones if you guys want to see what we looked like. There was a crazy Spanish guy who kept on hitting on Allison and didn’t get the hint she wasn’t interested. So I remember spending a good amount of time protecting her and taking everyone to different places on the dance floor... but every time we turned around, he’d be standing there again looking. Creepy! I also remember Allison burning me with a cigarette. The current scar is quite ugly. I’d forgotten about it and the next morning when I saw it, I thought... wtf is this? We left the club around 3 and proceeded to walk home but being all of our first week in Lausanne, we all got lost. Ended up in some industrial part of town which Jonas (my housemate) later told me was where prostitutes hanged out. Fun times. After about 2 hours and some injuries suffered from slipping on ice, me and Allison said goodbye to the other kids and got back to hers. Pulled out a mattress and crashed. Half a day later at 2pm, we woke up and realised we’d missed all our classes that day. Promised it won’t happen again. :P

Made some scrambled eggs and by some, I meant 8 between the 2 of us then ate it with tomato sauce as the ultimate hang over meal. By the time I got back to mine, it was about 5.30 and I had to go meet an Italian friend so hopped in the shower and got pretty then got out of there. My Italian friend Klod is the first gay friend I’ve made in Lausanne and he’s only just got there from Italy so he doesn’t really know the place either. We went to an Irish pub which I’d seen walking through the streets of Lausanne and found ourselves in a pub you’d find back home. Except the waiters were wearing kilts (I don’t know if they realise kilts are Scottish and not Irish) but basically the pub was a mixture of English, Irish, Scottish and Aussie things. Pretty cool. The coasters had little kangaroos on them! We didn’t stay out for too long cause I was buggered so went home around 9.30. I bumped into Kelly on her way to Venice for Carnival. Aww the lucky girl. I was originally going to go with her but decided that trip down was too expensive on too short of a notice and because I’m going to the Swiss Carnival next weekend. Stayed with her till her train came then went home and crashed.
Friday was spent as probably the laziest day in the history of 2 day hangovers. I did absolutely nothing even though I’d planned to do grocery shopping, finish this gay blog, go get a gym membership and go out with Allison. What I ended up doing was read Harry Potter, facebook, grocery shopping (which was only cause there was nothing left to eat) and more Harry Potter. Did absolutely nothing. And for dinner I made spaghetti again for like a week and ended up eating half of it, gave the other half to Jonas. So felt a bit lazy and fat... Hope this will not become a weekly habit J
Was suppose to go to Carnival in Bulle today with my housemate Jean (John) but one of the American girls had invited me and Allison to dinner and I didn’t know; but in the effort of unity, I’ll go to dinner instead since we’re going to Carnival in Basel next weekend. Alright... how’s that for writing a whole heap of junk, going to dinner now! Rarrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment